Winterizing Your Marvel Outdoor Refrigerator
It’s the time of year many of us dread, when temperatures drop and winter looms, and we must bid temporary adieu to festive outdoor parties, cold draft beers on the patio, sunbathing with an iced beverage in hand…oh come on now, don’t cry, there’s always next year!
Let’s properly winterize your Marvel Outdoor unit to await another happy season of trusted cooling performance amid hot weather, humid conditions and other elements of the good life.
When Should I Winterize My Outdoor Refrigerator?
When temperatures reach 38°F (3.3°C), it’s time to winterize. A word of caution: Operating your unit at ambient temperatures below the recommended winterization temperature will void your warranty. Next, let’s move on to the nuts and bolts of how to winterize an outdoor refrigerator.
Step by Step Winterization Guide
- Turn unit off by pressing and holding the “ON/OFF” button for three (3) seconds. “OFF” will appear on the display.
- Remove all contents.
- If necessary, move the unit so you can gain access to the back.
- Unplug the unit from the power outlet.
- We recommend you turn off the power to the outlet if the circuit is not required during the winter season.
- When cleaning unit pay particular attention to any cracks and crevices that may have accumulated dirt and debris.
- Remove the front toe-grille, (see Figure 23 below), and use a brush and vacuum to clean dirt and debris from beneath the unit.
- Thoroughly clean the toe-grille and re-install on the unit (see Figure 23).
- Remove the rear access cover, (see Figure 24 below), and use a brush and vacuum to clean dirt and debris from the machine compartment.
- Thoroughly clean the rear access cover and re-install on the unit.
- Wipe down all interior surfaces with antibacterial cleaner and follow with a clean rinse of water to remove any residual chemicals that could result in staining. Note: Do not use any abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
- Leave the door open and allow the interior to completely dry before closing the door.
- Thoroughly clean the door gasket with antibacterial cleaner and rinse with clean water to remove any residual chemicals.
- Thoroughly clean the exterior with a stainless steel cleaner. Do not use any abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
- Any mounting hardware or fasteners that are showing signs of corrosion should be replaced.
- Once the exterior has been thoroughly cleaned, you may want to apply a coating of car wax to help protect against spotting from moisture, dirt, and debris that may accumulate on the surfaces during the Winterization period.
- And that’s it! Now, fix yourself a cup of hot chocolate and dream of next summer.
- Reference Complete Owners Guides for Marvel Outdoor Products.
- Browse the Marvel Outdoor Collection.
- Order Marvel Accessories.