Owners Guide to Using Your Marvel Intuit Controls
Starting your appliance:
Plug the power cord into a 115 volt wall outlet. Your Marvel model is shipped from the factory in the “On” position and will begin start-up of cooling as soon as power is supplied. If this does not occur, confirm that the wall outlet has power, and that the control is in the “On” position. The Marvel Intuit Control display is covered with a clear plastic film. This film may be removed by carefully lifting the film at a corner.
On initial power up, the control display will indicate a “Power Failure” alarm. This is a normal condition as the appliance was powered-up at the factory for quality inspection and then removed from power. A momentary press of the “On/Off” keypad will reset this alarm condition.
Activating Sleep and Wake mode:
If no keypads are pressed for 60 seconds, the display will enter sleep mode to conserve power. The control panel will go dark with the exception of the system status “OK” indicator which will remain enabled. Alarm conditions will wake the display. To make the following changes to the control settings (turning the appliance ON/OFF, adjusting the temperature, changing the interior lights, and activating vacation mode), the control must be awake.
To wake the display press any keypad. A confirm tone will sound, and the current storage compartment temperature will be displayed.
The sleep mode can be disabled if you prefer to have the display on continuously. Press and hold the “Lock” keypad until the display goes past “Loc” and reads “nSL”. To enable the sleep mode, repeat the instruction, again going past “Loc” until the display reads “SLP”.
Turning your appliance ON and OFF:
If the appliance is “On” and out of sleep mode, the temperature will be shown in the display area of the control. To turn the appliance “Off”, press and hold the “On/Off” keypad for 4-seconds. “OFF” will now be displayed on the control. To turn the appliance “On”, press and hold the “On/Off” keypad for 4-seconds.
Adjusting the temperature:
To set or check the set-point temperature (with the control out of sleep mode), press the “-” or “+” keypads. “SET” will be indicated on the user interface panel and the current set-point temperature will display and flash. Subsequent presses of the “-” or “+” keypads will adjust the temperature colder or warmer respectively. When you have reached your desired set-point temperature, press the “On/Off” keypad to accept, or do nothing and the “Set” mode will timeout in 10-seconds accepting the displayed temperature as the new set-point.
The available set-point temperature range for your appliance is 34°F (1.2°C) to 42°F (5.7°C). If you attempt to adjust the temperature outside of this range you will receive an audible notification.
When initially loading your product with warm contents, it may take up to 48-hours for the storage compartment temperature to stabilize. When making temperature set-point changes, it may take up to 24-hours for the stored contents to stabilize at your new set-point temperature.
Factors that affect the storage compartment stabilized temperature:
- Changes to temperature setting.
- Room temperature changes.
- Temperature of stored contents.
- Loading warm contents.
- Cold content load will delay the change to a warmer set-point temperature.
- Warm content load will delay the change to a colder set-point temperature.
- Usage, (number and duration of the door openings).
- Use of the storage compartment display lighting (glass door product only).
- Installation of the appliance in direct sunlight or next to a heat source.
Interior display lighting (Glass door models only):
Your appliance is equipped with a dual light level theater display lighting feature. With the control out of sleep mode press the “Light” keypad once to activate the interior lighting display feature at full illumination. A confirmation tone will sound, and the light bulb “Icon” will illuminate. Pressing the “Light” keypad a second time will dim the lighting to 50%. A third press will deactivate the display lighting feature. The display lighting will automatically deactivate after 4 hours.
The temperature mode is preset from the factory in Fahrenheit (°F) but you have the option to change it to Centigrade (°C). To change the mode, press and hold the “-” keypad, while pressing the “+” keypad, then release the “-” keypad. The temperature will now be displayed in Centigrade (°C). Repeat the procedure to change the temperature mode back to Fahrenheit (°F).
The control panel can be locked to avoid unintentional changes. To lock the control, press and hold the “Lock” keypad until the display reads “Loc” then release your finger from the keypad. The lock icon will flash three times and then continuously illuminate. When the control panel is locked, only the Lock keypad, System Status OK indicator , and the Alarm indicator are active. To unlock the control panel, repeat this instruction until the display reads “nLc”.
The control will alert you to conditions that could adversely affect the performance of your Marvel appliance.
- Door ajar – If the door is open, or not closed properly, for more than 5-minutes the System Status OK indicator will turn-off, the “Door Ajar” indicator will flash, and a tone will sound every 60 seconds. Additionally, an “ALARM RESET” indicator will be displayed below the “On/Off” keypad. This alarm condition can be reset by closing the door or momentarily pressing the “On/ Off” keypad, (i.e. if you are cleaning the storage compartment, etc.). The alarm will recur in 5-minutes if the alarm condition persists.
- Power failure – If power to the appliance is interrupted the System Status indicator will turn-off and the “Power Failure” indicator will flash. Additionally, an “ALARM RESET” indicator will be displayed below the “On/Off” keypad. No audible tone will sound. This alarm condition can be reset by momentarily pressing the “On/Off” keypad. If this alarm occurs, it is recommended that you check the condition of any perishables, even if the appliance is operating normally and the temperature has recovered, as prolonged power outages could result in excessive temperature excursions which may spoil perishables.
- Temperature alarm – If the storage compartment temperature exceeds 10°F from set-point for more than a 1-hour duration, the System Status indicator will turn off, the “Temp” indicator will flash, and an audible tone will sound every 60-seconds. Additionally, an “ALARM RESET” indicator will be displayed below the “On/Off” keypad. This alarm condition can be reset by momentarily pressing the “On/Off” keypad. If this alarm occurs it is recommended that you check the condition of your stored contents, even though the appliance is operating normally and the temperature has recovered, as prolonged temperature excursions could spoil perishables.
NOTE: Multiple alarms are possible, i.e.”Door Ajar” for a prolonged period may trigger a “Temp” alarm, in which case both “Door Ajar” and “Temp” indicators will activate.
This operating mode can be used to save energy during high cost energy periods, or when you won’t be using your appliance for an extended period of time by disabling the lights, alarm tones, and keypad entry tones. Vacation mode also serves as a Sabbath mode, disabling functions and its controls in accordance with the weekly Sabbath and religious holidays observed within the Orthodox Jewish community. When used as Sabbath mode, you may open or close the door at any time to access contents without concern of directly turning on or off any lights, digital readouts, solenoids, fans, valves, compressor, icons, tones, or alarms. When activated, the display, alarm indicators and tones, keypad touch tones, interior lights, and all options are disabled. All keypad functions are disabled, with the exception of the “On/Off” keypad which is required to exit Vacation mode. Storage compartment temperatures are monitored and controlled at the settings prior to entering Vacation mode.
To enter Vacation Mode (with the control out of sleep mode), press and hold the “On/Off” keypad until the display goes past “OFF” and reads “VAC”. The display will flash “VAC” three times to acknowledge your request, then will display “VAC” continuously until Vacation mode is exited. A power outage will not exit Vacation mode, exiting can only be accomplished manually. To exit Vacation mode and return to normal operation, press and hold the “On/Off” keypad until the control displays the temperature.